We are all grappling with how we deliver our services as we emerge from the lockdown following the coronavirus pandemic whilst protecting our customers and our employees. We’ve introduced a number of measures to minimise the risk of cross contamination including a strict appointment only process for sales and service, the installation of ‘sanitiser stations’, ‘no-go’ areas in our centres, vehicle deep-clean processes and face masks for our customer-facing staff. To ensure we can offer our range of services whilst at the same time reducing the number of staff and customers in our centres at any one time, we have extended our opening times. We thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to seeing you soon.
- Monday to Friday 7.00am to 10.00pm
- Saturday and Sunday 8.00am to 5.00pm
From car manufacturer to mobility company
As consumers embrace new models of mobility which stretch beyond traditional vehicle ownership, Toyota is making the transition from car manufacturer to mobility company. As part of the Toyota distribution network, for us at Toyota Edgware Road in north London, it marks an exciting new era as we implement new ways in which companies can operate a fleet and individuals have access to vehicles.
One of the first steps has been Toyota’s acquisition of Inchcape Fleet Solutions which has been rebranded as KINTO. Kinto is derived from the Japanese ‘kintoun’ meaning flying nimbus, a cloud which provides on demand transport for a famous anime character. We will now be part of the network’s Kinto One business offering and will be bringing local businesses an ever-widening choice of mobility models in addition to our well established options such as contract hire and leasing.
Say ‘hello’ to the All-New PROACE CITY
The All-New PROACE CITY compact van is set to meet London’s businesses dual transport and mobile office needs. With five models to choose from launch, the line-up incorporates panel vans in short and long body styles.
- Easy-access load area with slide-opening side doors and twin side hinged rear doors that open to 180 degrees
- Load area is 3.3m3 for the short body version and 3.9m3 for the long Payload up to one tonne
- Two 1.5-litre diesel powertrains – 75 and 100hp – with stop-start for fuel economy and lower emissions
- Five-year/100,000-mile manufacturer’s warranty and five year’s roadside assistance
- Specification includes air conditioning, automatic headlights, heated, power-adjustable door mirrors, one touch power windows, DAB audio with USB port and Bluetooth
- Available to order now from £18,386 (Proace City 1.5 75hp SWB)
Introducing the New Hilux
Toyota’s world-famous Hilux pick-up has been redesigned and incorporates a powerful 2.8-litre powertrain whilst on and off-road driving performance has been enhanced and equipment upgrades made. Due to arrive in our Edgware Road showroom in November: -
- One-tonne payload and 3.5-tonne towing capacity.
- Three body types - Single Cab, Extra Cab and Double Cab.
- New three-dimensional grille and bumper design for a more powerful road presence
- New-design instrument combi meter and an eight-inch multimedia screen
- Easy smartphone integration using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
Back to business at Burnaston
Following the restart of manufacturing at Toyota’s UK car plant in Burnaston, Derbyshire, at the end of May, the 4.5 millionth vehicle, a 1.8-litre hybrid Corolla Hatchback, rolled off the production line. A car is completed every 89 seconds producing 3000 vehicles a week and on average 150,000 a year and 90% are exported to overseas markets, mainly in Europe.
All New Yaris
We were planning a high-profile launch of the new Yaris at our Jemca Toyota Showrooms. Whilst the pandemic has forced us to abandon our celebrations, our business centre staff are on hand to help.
Designed for urban life and engineered to be the world’s safest compact car, the new Toyota Yaris is powered by a 1.5-litre hybrid system delivering low CO2 emissions, improved fuel economy and, as a full hybrid, the ability to run on electric power alone.
Business magazine Fleet News announced Toyota as its Green Fleet Manufacturer of the Year, the first vehicle manufacturer to achieve this award three years in succession. The all-hybrid RAV4 was also named as Best Mid-size SUV. Earlier this year, the Toyota C-HR was named ‘Best Crossover’ in Company Car Today’s 100 listing.